Agile methods emphasize flexibility and adaptability, and the Agile framework lends itself well to projects where requirements and solutions evolve with time. Scrum, with its inherent simplicity and lightweight processes, is the most popular way of introducing Agility to a project.
Introduction to Agile (Scrum), was created for organisations which are interested in adopting Agile software development approaches. The course provides a detailed overview of Agile ideas and enables the delegates to apply them through practical exercises using the Scrum methodology. Our faculty has real-world exposure to implementing and leading Agile projects, and can teach tips and techniques from their own personal experiences.
This training is being conducted in partnership with the George Training and Development Institute.
The course content is designed to be flexible to suit different needs. The core course modules can either be supplemented with optional modules, exploring Agile topics in more detail, or by further practical Scrum exercises to embed the methodology more firmly.
Core Course Outline
Agile vs Traditional methodologies
- Group exercise – highlighting differences in methodologies
- Overview history of software development methodologies since 1960s
- Discussion on weaknesses of predictive approaches to software delivery
- Benefits of adaptive (Agile) approach, in the current technological world
Agile Manifesto and Principles
- Overview history of Agile methodologies
- Discussion on Agile Manifesto statements
- Group exercise – applying the Agile principles to own context
Scrum Foundational Principles
- Scrum origins
- Scrum teams
- Empirical process control
Scrum Framework and Techniques
- Overview of the Scrum Framework
- Scrum roles and responsibilities – Scrum Master, Product Owner, Team
- Scrum events – Release/Sprint Planning, Review, Retrospective, Scrum meeting
- Scrum artefacts – Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Burndown charts and Taskboards
Group exercise – Practical application of Scrum to a development project consisting of a series of iterations
- Pitfalls to avoid when transitioning to Scrum
- Practical Scrum Exercises/Optional Module 1
- Practical Scrum Exercises/Optional Module 2
- The Deming Cycle – Continuous Improvement
- Retrospective Framework
- Group Exercise – Retrospective
- Agile Teams
- Agile Testing
- Estimation and User Stories
- Project Management and Scrum
- Scaling Agile
- Lean and Kanban
Who Can Attend?
This course is suitable for those who are interested in learning Agile software development approaches, and in working with Scrum.
In today’s dynamic world of workplace education, learning policies within organisations are evolving at rapid speed in response to emerging technologies. Traditional, formal and scheduled training methods have given way to more informal and on-demand forms of learning, with an increasing accent on blended and e-learning delivery modes. At KnowledgeHut, They help you with the capabilities to rapidly respond to these new demands for flexibility in learning processes.
Continuous training and collaboration helps organizations stay at the cutting-edge of change. Since its inception in 2011, KnowledgeHut has proven itself as a leading corporate training and consulting service provider, delivering high value in innovative, practical approaches to learning. KnowledgeHut offers a wide range of services in training, learning and development in the fields of technology and management. The founders of the company are zealous young entrepreneurs, who Theyre motivated by the need to fill a niche in the IT Training industry for professionals.
To stay abreast with the ever changing technologies in this industry, and also to help continued professional development among aspiring IT managers and executives, KnowledgeHut offers a variety of accredited training programs. KnowledgeHut is an extended solutions partner to organizations seeking consulting or training services to enhance workforce performance and drive business success.
Their cTheirseware in the fields of Sales, Operations, Marketing, Management and Consulting is aimed at delivering measurable improvements in business performances and productivity. Professionals who have completed Their training are equipped with state-of-the-art knowledge and technical skills that enable them to stay at the forefront of their careers.See all Knowledge Hut courses