- Locations: Dokki
- Duration: 16 Hours
This course will provide the participants with the knowledge and skills needed to work with the internet, including browsing the web and communicating via e-mail.
- Describe the concept of the internet.
- Explain the different types of internet connections and how to use them.
- Describe the different types of internet browsers and their common features.
- Explain the basics of internet searching (browsing) and how to filter the results.
- Explain how to deal with the web pageCreate a webmail email account.
Module 1: Introduction to Networks and the Internet
- Using the internet
- What is the “World Wide Web”
- Using internet services
Module 2: Getting Connected
- Recognizing types of internet connections
- Connecting to the internet
- Hardware and software requirements to access the Internet
Module 3: Internet Services
- Starting Internet Explorer®
- Using the Internet Explorer® window
- Using the address bar and links toolbars
Module 4: Searching the Internet
- Performing a search
- Refining a search
- Customizing search settings
Module 5: Working with Web Pages
- Saving a web page
- Adding web pages to favorites
- Saving a graphic from a web page
- Changing web page text sizes
- Printing a web page
Module 6: Creating an E-mail Account
- Creating an e-mail account
- Composing and sending an e-mail message
- Sending and receiving messages
- Replying to an e-mail message
- Forwarding an e-mail message
Participants will be evaluated based on their participation in class discussions and activities
About Egyptian Banking Institute
A specialized and unique service provided by EBI's Research and Awareness Department. At the Egyptian Banking Institute, we produce publications every year about the EBI’s business performance, our charitable giving, our efforts to reduce the impact of our businesses on the environment, and other measures of our sustainability.See all Egyptian Banking Institute courses