- Locations: AlJuffair
- Duration: 9 Months
The ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering is comprehensive and reflects the complexity of today's regulatory environment. This programme focuses on relevant best practice, legislation and regulations. The Diploma examines various strategies, frameworks and vulnerabilities.
ICA International Diploma in Anti Money Laundering offered by ICA is a recommended qualification for a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) / Deputy MLRO and for Compliance Officer as per the CBB’s Training and Competency requirements.
Elements involved in the reporting of suspicious transactions are explored. Internal controls are considered including the design of money laundering prevention frameworks, and Customer Due Diligence.
The Diploma focuses on current major issues that impact upon the money laundering prevention role. By the end of the programme, you will have an in-depth (practical) knowledge that can be drawn upon in the execution of your duties. Understanding the external framework gives you a perspective that will enable you to make informed decisions in the delivery of your money laundering prevention strategy. Knowledge gained can be used to evaluate systems and controls and tailor them to meet future challenges.
- Anti-money laundering (AML) and combating terrorist financing (CTF) in context
- Customer identification, customer risk profiling and monitoring
- Designing a comprehensive AML and CTF framework for a financial services business
- Risk-based customer due diligence (CDD), customer risk profiling and on-going monitoring
- Governance and leadership
- Suspicious activity / suspicious transaction reporting and dealing with the authorities
- Money Laundering Reporting Officers and Deputies
- Managers with responsibility for internal Anti Money Laundering
- Risk Managers
- Internal and external audit staff
- Regulatory representatives
- Company Secretaries
- Anyone who requires an in-depth knowledge of the fundamental regulatory principles in relation to money laundering reporting and prevention
- Sound educational background, e.g. degree or professional qualification in an appropriate discipline, or
- Attainment of ICA Certificate in Anti-Money Laundering Awareness (UK and International), or
- Three years relevant work experience
- All applicants need the ability to complete the reading and written aspects of the course in English
About Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance
We_They plays a vital role in the training and development of human capital in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Our commitment to excellence has strengthened our position as the top provider of quality education across all major business disciplines. We serve as a partner to numerous world-class institutions; delivering thought leadership, research and advisory, assessment and training in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Academic, Executive Development, Banking, Leadership and Management, Insurance, Islamic Finance and Information Technology; resulting in a complete business solution.
We_They covers a wide spectrum of subject matter, with over 300 different courses offered to the financial and corporate market; tailor-made training solutions based on organisational requirements; specialised programmes taught by leading market specialists; and professional qualifications and degree programmes in partnership with major international organisations.
We_They continues to exceed global benchmarks for many of the qualifications it offers with its affiliates.
Since its inception in 1981, We_They has grown from training 450 applicants a year primarily within the banking industry, to 20,000 drawing participants from all sectors of the economy, and are proud to have qualified over 200,000 learners in the last 3 decades.
Our faculty comprise of market practitioners, academics and qualified senior industry professionals. Their perse backgrounds ensure an enriched participant experience, striking the perfect balance between theory and practice.
We_They has made its mark internationally with clients in Asia, Africa, Europe, USA and the Middle East, well on its way to becoming the global institute of choice.See all Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance courses