On successfully completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the ISO 14001:2004 standard.
- Understand key environmental issues.
- Plan an audit against a set of audit criteria.
- Successfully execute an environmental management systems audit.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of an EMS audit.
- Create clear, concise and relevant audit reports.
- Communicate your report to relevant personnel and management.
The course uses a mixture of taught sessions, discussions and practical exercises to achieve its aims. The practical exercises are based upon a fictional company. However, the procedures, work instructions and data are typical and could relate to many different enterprises equally. The practical exercises have been carefully designed to focus upon issues that commonly arise during EMS audits.
- Completion of secondary education.
- An understanding of report writing is desirable.
- A prior knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 would be beneficial.
- Environmental Management Systems overview.
- What to look for in Policy and Planning.
- What to look for in Implementation and Operation.
- What to look for in Checking and Corrective Action.
- Auditing techniques.
- Auditor attributes and skills
- Practical exercises and workshops.
- Assessment is carried out by continuous assessment of delegate performance throughout the theoretical and practical phases.
About Etisalat Academy
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology