- Fees / Price QAR 3,600
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
This course provides participants with an understanding of the principles of the time value of money, the functions of interest rates with regard to money market instruments and use of interest rates and yield for investment decisions.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the time value of money
- Describe the relationship between the forward rates and interest rates
- Recognise the main features of the basic types of cash money market
- Illustrate the principal advantages of short-term instruments
- Calculate the value of a discount-paying money market instruments and between Money Market (MM) basis and Bond basis
- Calculate the discount/yield rate on Treasury Bills, Certificates of Deposits and Commercial Papers
- New entrants and junior dealers (0-18 Month’s Experience) in the dealing room;
- Money Market dealers; Middle office and operations personnel;
- Auditors and compliance officers;
- Operations staff with at least 2 years of experience and seniors;
- Other Trading Room Support Areas;
- Internal and external Auditors
- This course will use interactive training methods of a combination of lecturing.
- Introduction to Money market
- Negotiable Instruments
- Treasury Bills
- Certificate of Deposits
- Commercial Papers
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses