The course is part one of a series of three courses that provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of those core services, such as Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and Hyper-V configuration.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS infrastructure, and install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS administration.
- Describe Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing.
- Describe installing and configuring Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), in addition to managing a DHCP database.
- Describe name resolution for Windows operating system clients and Windows Server servers.
- Describe implementing IPv6 addressing.
- Describe implementing storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012.
- Enable and configure file and print services in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe implementing Group Policy.
- Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
- Describe Microsoft Virtualization technologies, including Hyper-V.
- Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Module 5: Implementing IPv4
- Module 6: Implementing DHCP
- Module 7: Implementing DNS
- Module 8: Implementing IPv6
- Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
- Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
- Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
- Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses