- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 24 Hours
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Installation and Configuration course provides the tools to help users understand technologies and techniques necessary to successfully install Microsoft Dynamics GP.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify requirements and prerequisites for installing Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Install Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Use Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities to uniquely configure an installation and perform any other required tasks for an installation
- Troubleshoot installation issues and errors
- Identify hardware and software requirements for desktop clients
- Install Microsoft Dynamics GP desktop on a client computer
- Create an Installation Package
- Understand how to install service packs and updates to Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Identify the prerequisites and requirements for the Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client
- Understand the components and concepts of the web client
- Complete necessary system setups within the Microsoft Dynamics GP application such as home pages, passwords, users, and security
- Set up company information
- Configure, backup, and maintain SQL databases for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Understand how to optimize performance and troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Understand how to set up and use a process server for Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Identify the available reporting options that are available for Microsoft Dynamics GP and set up and configure them for use
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server
- Some general experience with installing products that use Microsoft SQL Server
- Module 1: System Requirements and SQL Server Installation
- Module 2: Data Server Installation and UtilitiesThis module explains how to select the location and features that will be installed to meet the organization’s specific requirements.
- Module 3: Desktop Client Installation, Components and MaintenanceThis module explains how to complete an installation for a desktop client. It also discusses how to create an installation package, to install other desktop clients and provides background on key components and features that are available in Microsoft Dynamics GP to maintain the application for end users.
- Module 4: Web Client Installation and ComponentsThis module describes the process that used is to install Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Client. The module also discusses the prerequisites and the requirements for an installation.
- Module 5: System ManagerThis module discusses the setup of system and company settings such as home page, users, passwords, user security and preferences necessary when setting up Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Module 6: Post Installation AdministrationThis module explains the administrative tasks that are necessary after installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP to help ensure consistency and maintain performance of the system. It introduces the tools that are used to perform these tasks.
- Module 7: Optimize Performance and Troubleshooting
- Module 8: Process Server
- Module 9: ReportingThis module provides information on the available reporting options in Microsoft Dynamics GP and what is needed from an installation and setup prospective to use these different reporting options.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses