- Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
The IBM Optim Data Growth for z/OS course is designed to enable the students to successfully develop and execute an archiving strategy.
This course provides a conceptual understanding of the data growth issue, as well as the Optim Solution's capabilities for managing data growth and improving the performance of critical business applications. This course serves as a foundation for the Optim Solution's features and functionality.
This course focuses on the technical aspects of the Optim Solution and is intended for technical audiences. Participants will learn the basics of how the technology works through hands-on exercises illustrating how the technology applies to business scenarios. This course does not include information on how to install and configure the technology.
This course prepares technical users with the Optim knowledge and skills necessary to participate in an Optim archive implementation project and confidently perform Optim tasks ongoing.
This basic course is for Archive Project Leaders and project team members who will be responsible for implementing and executing an archiving strategy for one or more applications. This would include application developers, business analysts, and DBAs who have been assigned to your archiving project.
To successfully complete this course, you should have a working knowledge of:
- DB2 and relational database concepts
- DB2 SQL basics
- TSO/ISPF editing commands and job output retrieval functions
- Introduction to IBM InfoSphere Optim Solutions
- The Optim Directory
- Introduction to Archiving
- The Archive Process
- Delete Archived Data
- Retry/Restart an Optim Process
- Create Database Objects
- Full Restore of Archived Data
- Search for Archived Data
- View Archived Data
- Selective Restore of Archived Data
- Optim Primary Keys and Relationships
- Relationship Traversal Concepts
- Export and Import Optim Directory Objects
- Batch Utilities
- Optim Security Overview
- Monitor Your Archive Strategy
- Performance Considerations
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses