- Locations: Al Tarfa
- Duration: 3 Years
The Information Systems – Web Developer Diploma program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed for a career in web development. The program begins with an emphasis on systems analysis and design, programming languages, and database management. When combined with work experience, this skill set prepares students for a career in information systems. The final stage of the program teaches students to design, implement and maintain advanced web applications. Students gain an in-depth knowledge of web server management, web security tools and techniques, and web application development environments. This skill set, when consolidated through the completion of a capstone project, prepares students for an exciting career in a web development environment.
Upon successful completion of the Information Systems – Web Developer program, the student will be able to:
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain secure web sites and web applications based on user requirements.
- Develop, maintain and deploy database applications in an N-tier environment.
- Interpret and effectively apply industry policies and procedures.
- Utilize social and interpersonal skills to function as an effective team member in a web development environment.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
Given the current growth of the Internet, the widespread use of computers in the workplace and the advancement of information systems technologies, Information Systems – Web Developer graduates may find employment with informationbased businesses in both the public and private sectors. Many businesses, schools, the oil and entrepreneurial organizations, as well as the oil and gas sector, need graduates from the Information Systems – Web Developer program. Opportunities for self-employment also exist.