- Duration 3 Years
- Locations Al Tarfa
The Information Systems – Network and Systems Administration program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed for a career in deployment and management of major IT infrastructure installations.
The program begins with an emphasis in computer hardware, troubleshooting, and basic networking concepts. At the end of two years of study, when combined with work experience, this skill set prepares students for a career in information systems hardware. The final stage of the program teaches the students to design, deploy and maintain advanced IT infrastructure projects. Students gain an in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN administration, server room management, infrastructure security tools and techniques, and enterprise computing environments.This skill set, when consolidated through the completion of a capstone project, prepares the student for an exciting career in network and systems administration.
The goal of the Information Systems – Network and Systems Administration program is to develop a graduate with the ability to:
- Design, deploy and manage information systems infrastructure.
- Interpret and effectively apply industry policies and procedures.
- Function as an effective member of a team.
- Provide computer technical assistance, support,and advice to customers and other users.
- Support local-area networks (LAN), wide-area networks (WAN), network segments, and Internet and intranet systems.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s information security policy.
- Deploy and manage a help desk environment.
- Maintain a server room environment.
Given the current growth of the Internet, the widespread use of computers in the workplace and the advancement of information systems technologies and mobile computing, Information Systems – Network and Systems Administration graduates may find employment with information-based businesses in both the public and private sectors. Opportunities for self-employment also exist.