- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 1 Day
Ask project managers where their greatest communication challenges lie and you’ll almost always hear – “getting buy-in and commitment from stakeholders”. This practical course focuses on the key interpersonal skills that are required to manage the more demanding stakeholders you will come across as a project manager.
The course is focused on influencing, persuading and negotiating skills and how to use these effectively with stakeholders at all levels. The content will also highlight effective approaches where you specifically lack authority. Handling conflict is covered in some detail and your own personal behavioural preferences will be examined to establish whether you are taking the correct approaches to your challenging stakeholders.
Is it right for me?
Suited to all project managers who find managing certain stakeholders a real challenge.
What will I learn?
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Influence stakeholders more effectively.
- Get things achieved despite having little or no direct authority
- Provide constructive feedback where the messages are difficult or sensitive
- Minimise and manage conflict situations positively.
What will it cover?
Engaging and Influencing Stakeholders
- Stakeholder mapping and the essential role it plays in relationship building
- The differences between influence, persuasion and negotiation
- Power levers – how they can significantly strengthen your hand
- Other people’s behaviour – recognising it and adapting your style
Influencing your Senior Stakeholders when you have Limited Authority
- Establish yourself - gaining credibility and power
- Two sides to being assertive with stakeholders
- Motivating senior people to your point of view
- Key tips for influencing and persuading your senior stakeholders
Deliver Difficult or Sensitive Messages Constructively
- The nature of effective project feedback
- How to handle emotion
- Keeping the language constructive
- How not to deliver sensitive messages
Minimise and Manage Conflict Situations
- The sources of common project conflicts
- Recognise your conflict handling style
- Select the most effective approach for each conflict situation
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses