- Locations: Safety Training and Consultants Center P.O.Box 21214 Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Duration: 3 Days
Principles of Industrial Hygiene provides an introduction to the field of industrial hygiene and to occupational health in general. The instructor focuses on introducing concepts, terminology, and methodology in the practice of industrial hygiene and identifies resource materials. The class would benefit those wishing to pursue a Master's degree in industrial hygiene, those wishing to complete a certificate in occupational health, or for students in allied health fields needing a basic understanding of industrial hygiene.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the legal, professional, and ethical framework for the practice of industrial hygiene.
- Define basic terms and technical concepts integral to the practice of industrial hygiene.
- Explain the differences between chemical (gases/vapors, dusts/mists/fumes), physical, and biological agents in the workplace.
- Calculate time-weighted averages.
- Convert between various units of exposure (for example, mg/m3 to ppm).
- Calculate and interpret noise exposures and doses
Written and Practical Exam
All people working in industrial environment.
- Industrial workers
- Operation employees
- maintenance personnel
- Introduction & Health, Safety & Environment Legislation
- Industrial hygiene terminology
- Control Measure
- Chemical, ergonomic, and biological hazards
- Hygiene hazard identification & Anticipation and Recognition
- Equipment used will be
- Noise Monitoring
- Work area Air testing
- Matter Noise
- O2 Test
- Multi gas monitoring & Test Personnel Protective Equipment
About Safetry Training & Consultants Center
STC is an internationally accredited vocational training provider and consultation company established in the Kingdom of Bahrain. It has since become the successful training and consultancy company that it is today providing comprehensive training packages backed up by actual hands-on experience, the aim of which is to enable trainees to apply the theories of various health and safety programs into ‘real-life’ practice.
To be the most preferred Training Solutions provider in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
It is STC's objective to deliver the best training by expert trainers using continually developed programs of various sectors with a commitment to quality and facilitating customers’ learning needs and to further grow in our association with international academic bodies.See all Safetry Training & Consultants Center courses