Our series of induction certificates are entry level courses designed to provide a broad knowledge of principles and practice in General Insurance, Bancassurance, Takaful, Long term Insurance and Risk Management.
This series also includes preparatory courses for the IFCE mandated by SAMA in Saudi Arabia as well as the CII’s Award in General Insurance and the Award in Financial Planning mandated by various other regulatory authorities in the region.
BOTTOM LINE BENEFITS
At the end of each course certificate holders should be able to:
- Understand the concept of risk and its management and the role played by insurance
- Know the basic principles underlying insurance contracts
- Know the structure of the insurance market
- Be familiar with insurance terminology, practice and processes
- Be aware of the regulation and consumer protection framework in the insurance industry.
- Understand their role and functions within their organization.
These courses assume no knowledge of insurance and are aimed at under-graduates, new employees, job seekers and those already involved in the industry who wish to upgrade their skills and knowledge of insurance principles and practice.
They also serve as a minimum qualification for all employees engaged in the practice and distribution of insurance.
- GII Certificate of Completion (only awarded to participants who pass the examination)
- Participants completing the Foundation in Insurance (or any other equivalent from another awarding body) plus any other course in this level from GII will be awarded the GII Certificate in Insurance Principles and Practice demonstrating that the holder has earned solid foundation knowledge of the industry.
- One credit towards designated inpidual membership of GII (AGII or FGII).
- Certificate holders may also be entitled to prior learning credits from the Chartered Insurance Institute. Check with GII registrar’s office for further details.
Thirty hours of structured classroom learning with tutor interaction, courseware, quizzes and case studies.
Trainees should complete a further 40 hours of private study before attempting the examination.
A two hour paper consisting of 75 or 100 Multiple Choice Questions. 70% pass mark.
FOUNDATION IN INSURANCE (ICIP)
- Unit 1: Risk and Insurance
- Unit 2: Insurance Principles
- Unit 3: The Insurance Market
- Unit 4: Insurance Processes
- Unit 5: Regulation, Business Conduct and Consumer Protection
GENERAL INSURANCE PRACTICE (ICGI)
- Unit 1: General Insurance Classes
- Unit 2: Underwriting & Risk Control
- Unit 3: The Policy and Other Documents
- Unit 4: Renewals and Cancellations
- Unit 5: Claims and Loss Minimization
BANCASSURANCE PRACTICE (ICBP)
- Unit 1: Introduction to Insurance
- Unit 2: Entering into Bancassurance
- Unit 3: Bancassurance Products
- Unit 4: Distribution and Marketing
- Unit 5: Technology, Training and Operational Procedures
INTRODUCTION TO RISK MANAGEMENT (ICRM)
- Unit 1: Risk Management Concepts and Scope
- Unit 2: The Risk Management Process
- Unit 3: Risk Assessment
- Unit 4: Risk Control
- Unit 5: Risk Finance
- Unit 6: Risk Management Practice
LONG TERM INSURANCE PRACTICE (ICLI)
- Unit 1: The Nature of Long Term business
- Unit 2: Protection products
- Unit 3: Savings and Investment Products
- Unit 4: Client’s Needs assessment
- Unit 5: Ethics and Code of Business Conduct
INTRODUCTION TO TAKAFUL (ICTK)
- Unit 1: Overview of Insurance and Takaful
- Unit 2: Structure of Takaful Operations
- Unit 3: Key Products & services
- Unit 4: Re-Takaful
- Unit 5: Key Markets and Developments
The We_They is a joint venture set up by leading insurance corporations across the MENA region who share a commitment towards the development of human resources for the insurance and risk management industry. We aim to become the leading professional centre for insurance, financial planning and risk management academia in the Middle East. We provide a qualification framework that is region specific and internationally accredited, and we promote the highest standards of professional conduct in the industry across the Middle East.
Membership is open to all inpiduals pursuing an insurance, risk management or related fincancial services career in the region. GII takes the form of a Bahraini closed joint stock company and it was officially incorporated in in Bahrain and licensed as a Management and Business Training Institute by the Directorate of Training Institutes Affairs.See all Gulf Insurance Institute courses