- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
This course provides learners with the skills necessary to install, configure, manage and administer Citrix XenServer 5, Citrix Provisioning Server 5 and Citrix XenDesktop 3 and 4 Enterprise Edition. By completing the exercises in this course, students will obtain hands-on experience working with these Citrix products.
This course is designed for Citrix Partner Network members, IT professionals, such as server, network and system administrators. System engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects.
- Understand how the Xen hypervisor differs from other virtualization methods, and how the Xen open source project and XenServer commercial products differ.
- Install XenServer Enterprise Edition 5.0 and configure CPU, network and storage resources.
- Install XenCenter.
- Create virtual machines and templates.
- Identify the architectural differences between Linux and Windows VMs.
- Convert a Linux system from a physical machine to a virtual machine.
- Manage virtual machine resources and life cycle operations.
- Use XenSearch to sort searching and grouping in XenCenter and view VM performance statistics.
- Configure local and remote storage.
- Configure resource pools and move virtual machines from one server to another.
- Citrix Provisioning Server
- Identify the components, infrastructure, services and communications of Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0
- Identify system requirements and install Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0
- Configure a Provisioning Server farm
- Configure Provisioning Server role-based administration using Active Directory user groups
- Create a vDisk store
- Identify vDisk image modes and write cache types
- Create a vDisk
- Configure a Master Target Device and create a vDisk image
- Assign vDisks to target devices and enable Active Directory machine account password management
- Block ports for a target device, organize target devices into views and change the properties of target devices
- Administer vDisk connections; unassign, delete and backup vDisks; release vDisk locks; change vDisk properties and update a vDisk
- Administer server connections, change basic server properties and optimize performance by changing advanced server properties
- Configure two methods of high availability
- Install and enable printers on a vDisk and enable the Printer Management feature
- Citrix XenDesktop
- Explain the features, benefits and components of Citrix XenDesktop 3 and 4.
- Install the Desktop Delivery Controller
- Prepare a virtual desktop for delivery to an endpoint device
- Install and configure the XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Create and manage desktop groups using the Access Management Console
- Configure XenDesktop policy management settings
- Install and configure Desktop Receiver software on an endpoint device
- Connect to a XenDesktop environment from a variety of endpoint devices
- Upgrade a XenDesktop 3 environment to a XenDesktop 4
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses