- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 3 Days
IBM SmartCloud Storage Access is an easy-to-deploy, simple-to-use software solution that features a self-service portal for storage provisioning, monitoring and reporting. It is designed to provide you with a self-service file-serving facility over the Internet. With a few clicks, you can create an account, provision storage and start uploading files. Administrators can easily monitor and report storage usage and can create different classes of storage for different users or departments within an organization.
The course gives an introduction to the target markets and features of the IBM SmartCloud Storage Access software solution. Storage administrators will learn how to install and configure the SCS-A appliance and the related infrastructure components, setup organizational structures as well as storage resources, and finally provision network drives. The course also covers the monitoring and reporting of cloud storage resources.
This intermediate course is for IT architects, IT specialists, storage administrators and business partners who are experienced with implementing and operating file storage solutions, especially IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) and V7000 Unified.
Those attending this course are expected to have:
- Basic knowledge about the IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) and/or V7000 Unified.
- Basic server and storage virtualization skills.
- Basic knowledge about network protocols and authentication methods.
- Ability to use the command line or GUI in Windows and Linux.
- Ability to work with an Internet browser.
- Basic knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center and Microsoft Active Directory is preferable, but not necessarily required.
Some of the pre-requisite skills may be acquired by attending the following classes:
- Introduction to Storage Networking (SN700)
- IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) System Hands-on Workshop (ILO) (SGA11)
- IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) Technical Training (Classroom) (SSD00)
- IBM Storwize V7000 Unified - Technical Introduction Workshop (Classroom) (SSG00)
- Unit 2: SCS-A Component basics:
- SONAS / V7000 Unified
- Microsoft Active Directory / IMfU
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center
- SCS-A portal
- Unit 3: Lab Environment Overview (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 4: SCS-A deployment and base configuration (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 5: SCS-A security configuration (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 6: TPC and SMAC configuration (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 7: SCS-A storage environment configuration (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 8: Client Access, permission and quota management (including Hands-on lab)
- Access from Windows clients
- Access from Unix clients
- Unit 9: Dashboard and reporting (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 10: SCS-A backup and DR. migration of existing environments to SCS-A
- Unit 11: Software maintenance (including Hands-on lab)
- Unit 12: Target markets, features, limitations
- Unit 13: Support and contact information, class feedback
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses