- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
In this course, build the skills you need to design, deploy, and manage a physical and virtual Windows Server 2012 application management infrastructure, and focus on using Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1). You will also learn to design, deploy, and manage Windows 8 Enterprise applications in a physical and virtual environment and in the cloud. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises, have previous experience working with operating systems running Windows Server, have their Windows 2012 Server certification (MCSA), and have taken course 20413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure or have equivalent skills. Note: This course maps to the skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design an application distribution strategy that is appropriate for an organizational environment.
- Diagnose and remediate application compatibility problems for desktop and presentation virtualization-based deployments.
- Use Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy applications to client devices.
- Deploy applications centrally using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Configure self-service application deployment using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, System Center 2012 Service Manager SP1, and Windows Store apps.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization.
- Prepare, deploy and manage applications for Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support application virtualization.
- Virtualize and deploy applications by using App-V and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Plan and configure the appropriate infrastructure to streamline the deployment of software updates to applications, and plan and configure application security.
- Plan and implement application upgrades, supersedence, and application coexistence.
- Monitor the deployment, performance, and utilization of applications and determine whether current application hosting platforms are meeting business needs.
- Module 1: Designing an Application Distribution Strategy
- Module 2: Diagnosing and Remediating Application Compatibility
- Module 3: Deploying Software by Using Group Policy and Windows IntuneThis module discusses using Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy software as part of a software deployment strategy. It also covers sideloading, which is the specialized software deployment method specific to Windows Store apps.
- Module 4: Deploying Applications by Using Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Module 5: Configuring Self-Service Application Deployment
- Module 6: Designing and Implementing Presentation Virtualization Infrastructure
- Module 7: Preparing, Configuring, and Deploying Presentation Virtualization Applications
- Module 8: Designing and Deploying an Application Virtualization Environment
- Module 9: Preparing, Sequencing, and Deploying Virtual Applications
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing Application Updates and Security
- Module 11: Planning and Implementing Application Upgrades
- Module 12: Monitoring Application Deployment, Use, and Performance
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses