- Duration: 5 Days
Business intelligence (BI) is becoming increasingly important for companies of many different sizes and types because of the competitive edge it can help to give them. The combined capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 make it easier than ever for companies to develop a BI solution that meets their specific needs, provides reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), and achieves a faster time to solution.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role to create analysis and reporting solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing reporting solutions by using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Implementing multidimensional databases by using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Creating tabular semantic data models for analysis by using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Create visualizations of data by using PowerView.
- Create data mining solutions by using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Module 2: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Module 3: Supporting Self Service Reporting
- Module 4: Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Module 5: Creating Multidimensional Databases
- Module 6: Working with Dimensions
- Module 7: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Module 8: Introduction to MDX
- Module 9: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Module 10: Implementing a Tabular Data Model with Microsoft PowerPivot
- Module 11: Introduction to DAX
- Module 12: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Module 13: Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
- Module 14: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining