- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
Business intelligence (BI) is becoming increasingly important for companies of many different sizes and types because of the competitive edge it can help to give them. The combined capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SharePoint make it easier than ever for companies to develop a BI solution that meets their specific needs, provides reduced total cost of ownership (TCO), and achieves a faster time to solution. This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to empower information workers through self-service analytics and reporting. Students will learn how to implement multidimensional analysis solutions, create PowerPivot and tabular data models, deliver rich data visualizations with PowerView and SQL Server Reporting Services, and discover business insights by using data mining. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-466.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Create reusable report items that simplify self-service reporting.
- Manage report execution and delivery.
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions in a cube.
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Use MDX Syntax.
- Customize a cube.
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in PowerPivot.
- Use DAX to query a tabular model.
- Implement a Tabular Database.
- Use PowerView to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Module 2: Implementing Reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
- Module 3: Supporting Self Service Reporting\
- Module 4: Managing Report Execution and Delivery
- Module 5: Creating Multidimensional DatabasesThe fundamental purpose of using SQL Server Analysis Services online analytical processing (OLAP) solutions is to build cubes that you can use to perform complex queries and return the results in a reasonable time. This module provides an introduction to multidimensional databases and introduces the core components of an OLAP cube.
- Module 6: Working with Dimensions
- Module 7: Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Module 8: Introduction to MDX
- Module 9: Customizing Cube Functionality
- Module 10: Implementing a Tabular Data Model with Microsoft PowerPivot
- Module 11: Introduction to DAX
- Module 12: Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Module 13: Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
- Module 14: Performing Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses