The Implementing Cisco Quality of Service (QOS)course is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of IP QoS requirements, conceptual models using Differentiated Services (Diffserv), Integrated Services (IntServ) and Best Effort (over provisioning), and the implementation of IP QoS on Cisco IOS switch and router platforms. Case studies and lab exercises included in the course help students to apply the concepts mastered in individual modules to real-life scenarios.
This course is designed for:
- Network designers and engineers responsible for implementation and management of IP QoS and students seeking Cisco CCIP & CCVP Certification.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Explain the need to implement QoS and explain methods for implementing and managing QoS
- Identify and describe different models used for ensuring QoS in a network and explain key IP QoS mechanisms used to implement these models
- Explain the use of MQC and AutoQoS to implement QoS on the network.
- Classify and Mark network traffic in order to implement a defined QoS Policy
- Use Cisco queuing mechanisms to manage network congestion
- Use Cisco QoS congestion avoidance mechanisms to reduce the effects of congestion on the network.
- Use Cisco QoS traffic policing and traffic shaping mechanisms to effectively limit the rate of network traffic.
Introduction to IP QoS
- Understanding the Need for QoS
- Understanding QoS
- Implementing QoS
The Building Blocks of IP QoS
- Identifying Models for implementing QoS
- Understanding the Integrated Services Model
- Understanding the Differentiated Services Model
- Identifying QoS Mechanisms
- Understanding QoS in the Life of a Packet.
Introduction to Modular QoS CLI and AutoQoS
- Introducing Modular QoS CLI
- Introducing Cisco AutoQoS VoIP
- Introducing Cisco AutoQoS Enterprise
Classification and Marking
- Understanding Classification and Marking
- Using MQC for Classification
- Using MQC for Class-Based Marking
- Using NBAR for Classification
- Configuring QoS Pre-Classify
- Configuring QoS Policy Propagation through BGP
- Configuring LAN Classification and Marking
- Introducing Queuing
- Understanding Queuing Implementations
- Configuring FIFO and WFQ
- Configuring CBWFQ and LLQ
- Configuring LAN Congestion Management
- Introducing Congestion Avoidance
- Introducing RED
- Configuring Class-Based Weighted RED
- Configuring Explicit Congestion Notification
Traffic Policing and Shaping
- Understanding Traffic Policing and Shaping
- Configuring Class-Based Policing
- Configuring Class-Based Shaping
- Configuring Class-Based Shaping on Frame Relay Interfaces
- Frame Relay Voice – Adaptive Traffic Shaping and Fragmentation
Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Understanding Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Configuring Class-Based Header Compression
- Configuring Link Fragmentation and Interleaving
QoS Best Practices
- Understanding Traffic Classification Best Practices
- Deploying End-to-End QoS
- Providing QoS for Security
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses