The Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco IPS-based security solutions. Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco IPS features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
This course is designed for:
- Channel Partner / Reseller
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line.
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor.
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements.
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment.
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution.
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high performance solutions according to
- policy and environmental requirements.
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware.
Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
- Evaluating Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Choosing Cisco IPS Software, Hardware, and Supporting Applications
- Evaluating Network IPS Traffic Analysis Methods, Evasion Possibilities, and Anti-Evasive Countermeasures
- Choosing a Network IPS and IDS Deployment Architecture
Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Integrating the Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
- Performing the Cisco IPS Sensor Initial Setup
- Managing Cisco IPS Devices
Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Configuring Basic Traffic Analysis
- Implementing Cisco IPS Signatures and Responses
- Configuring Cisco IPS Signature Engines and the Signature Database
- Deploying Anomaly-Based Operation
Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Customizing Traffic Analysis
- Managing False Positives and False Negatives
- Improving Alarm and Response Quality
Managing and Analyzing Events
- Installing and Integrating Cisco IPS Manager Express with Cisco IPS Sensors
- Managing and Investigating Events Using Cisco IPS Manager Express
- Using Cisco IME Reporting and Notifications
- Integrating Cisco IPS with Cisco Security Manager and Cisco Security MARS
- Using the Cisco IntelliShield Database and Services
Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions
- Using Cisco IPS Virtual Sensors
- Deploying Cisco IPS for High Availability and High Performance
Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware
- Configuring and Maintaining the Cisco ASA AIP-SSM and AIP-SSC-5 Modules
- Configuring and Maintaining the Cisco ISR IPS AIM and IPS NME Modules
- Configuring and Maintaining the Cisco IDSM-2
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses