The Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy Cisco IPS-based security solutions. Successful graduates will be able to reduce risk to the IT infrastructure and applications using Cisco IPS features, and provide detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor.
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment.
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution.
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high performance solutions according to
- policy and environmental requirements
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware.
- Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
- Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Managing and Analyzing Events
- Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions
- Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco
- IPS Hardware
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses