- Duration: 5 Days
This is an instructor-led, lecture / lab course that teaches you how to design, deploy, and optimize intelligent network services using the Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) Appliance, Service Module v2.0 and GSS. This course covers all of the key features of the ACE 2.0 software, including resource virtualization and management, server load balancing (Layer 2-4 and Layer 7), SSL termination and offload, and security features like application-layer inspection and fixups.
This course is designed for Network Administrators and Field Engineers responsible for the implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco ACE-based solutions.
- To be able to describe IP application delivery with the ACE module.
- To be able to describe the structure and function of the Modular Policy CLI statements used to configure ACE features.
- To be able to describe the capabilities the ACE module used to load balance IP-based applications.
- To be able to identify the layer 7 processing options used to provide advanced application networking.
- To be able to create new contexts and resource classes.
- To be able to create class maps and server farms.
- To be able to configurean ACE context toload balance traffic flows.
- To be able to configure an ACE context to monitor real servers.
- To be able to implement fixups and inspection.
- To be able to describe the ACE features that provide IP application security.
- To be able to implement SSL termination.
- To be able to configure network address translations.
- To be able to describe the high availability features of the ACE module.
- To be able to configure an ACE context to perform a variety functions in an integrated environment.
- To be able to troubleshoot common SLB configuration errors.
Module 1: Data Center Application Services Overview.
- IP-Based Data Center Applications
- Introducing ACE Family Solutions
- Deploying the ACE Appliance and Service Module
Module 2: Implementing Server Load Balancing.
- Modular Policy CLI
- Managing the ACE Appliance and Service Module
- Security Features
- Layer 4 Load Balancing
- Health Monitoring
- Layer 7 Protocol Processing
- Processing Secure Connections
- Migrating From CSS and CSM
- Web Application Acceleration Overview
- Integrating Multiple Features
Module 3: Implementing Site-to-Site Load Balancing.
- Deploying the GSS
- Managing the GSS
- Implementing Global Server Load Balancing
Module 4: Redundancy and Troubleshooting.
- High Availability
- Troubleshooting Application Services
- Lab 1-1: Upgrading and Installing Licenses
- Lab 1-2: Implementing Virtualisation
- Lab 2-1: Implementing Security Features
- Lab 2-2: Configuring Server Load Balancing
- Lab 2-3: Implementing Health Monitoring
- Lab 2-4: Configuring Layer 7 Load Balancing
- Lab 2-5: Enabling Sticky Connections
- Lab 2-6: Enabling Protocol Inspection
- Lab 2-7: Configuring SSL Termination
- Lab 2-8: Enabling HTTP Optimizations
- Lab 3-1: Implementing Global Server Load Balancing
- Lab 4-1: Challenge Lab: Implementing Data Center Application Services
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses