- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is designed to help network professionals improve their skills and knowledge in implementing CDMA packet core architecture fundamentals. The major topic covered is 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 (3GPP2) standardized technologies that are implemented on the PDSN/HA Packet Data Serving Node (PDSN) and Home Agent (HA).The PDSN and HA interaction with authentication, charging, and billing components on the network are also discussed. This course includes configuration details of how the PDSN and HA components are implemented on the Cisco ASR 5000 Series system. A portion of the course is dedicated to explaining how a CDMA access network can interwork with a 4G packet core. The role of the High Rate Packet Data (HRPD) Serving Gateway (HSGW) is discussed as well as configuration details.
- After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe and understand 3GPP2 CDMA architecture fundamentals.
- Implement a Cisco PDSN/HA solution and configure Cisco PDSN features for simple IP services.
- Implement a Cisco PDSN solution and Cisco HA solution for mobile IP services.
- Implement the Cisco HSGW solution and configure Cisco HSGW features for 4G interworking service.
- Describe and configure tunneling features available on Cisco PDSN/HA.
- Describe and configure Cisco ASR 5000 Series inline services.
- Know the basics of configuring the Cisco ASR 5000 Series system.
- Know the organizations that are developing technologies used in the mobile packet core such as the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and 3GPP2.
- CDMA Packet Core Fundamentals
- Implementation of Simple IP on the Cisco PDSN
- Implementing Mobile IP on the Cisco Home Agent
- Charging in a 3G CDMA Network
- Implementing the HSGW
- Tunneling Protocols
- Cisco Enhanced Charging Service (ECS) Inline Services
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses