- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
This instructor-led course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills that are needed to update and support a reliable, secure messaging infrastructure. This infrastructure is used for creating, storing, and sharing information by using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 in a medium to large messaging environment. This course offers a significant amount of hands-on practices, discussions, and assessments that assist delegates in becoming proficient in the skills that are needed to update and support Exchange Server 2003.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
This course is intended for messaging support professionals who work in medium-to-large environments (250 to 5,000 seats) with multiple physical locations, mixed-client connection protocols, wireless and Internet messaging connectivity.
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003.
- Working knowledge of networking, including Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Working knowledge of Internet protocols, including Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) or Internet Message Access Protocol version 4 (IMAP4), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Network News Transfer Protocols (NNTP).
Delegates should also have completed:
- M2274: Managing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment, M2275: Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment and M2276: Implementing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Hosts, or equivalent knowledge.
- Knowledge of Exchange Server 5.5 or Exchange 2000 Server is beneficial but not necessary.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Perform a clean installation of Exchange Server 2003 and verify that the installation was successful.
- Describe the process for upgrading to Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange 2000.
- Configure and manage Exchange Server 2003.
- Manage interoperability between Exchange 2003 & Exchange 2000
- Secure Exchange Server 2003.
- Manage recipients, public folders and address lists.
- Implement and manage client access with Internet protocols.
- Manage client configuration and connectivity.
- Manage routing & mobile devices with Exchange Server 2003.
- Manage data storage and hardware resources.
- Plan for disaster and disaster recovery.
- Back up and restore Exchange, and perform preventive maintenance.
- Migrate users from Exchange Server 5.5 to a separate Exchange Server 2003 organization.
What will it cover?
Installing and Upgrading to Exchange Server 2003
- Installing Exchange Server 2003
- Installing Exchange Server 2003 in a Clustered Environment
- Installing and Using Exchange Management Tools and Utilities
- Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Server
Configuring and Managing Exchange Server 2003
- Creating & Applying Exchange Policies
- Configuring Exchange Server 2003 for Proactive Management
- Adding, Removing & Updating Exchange Servers
- Managing Exchange in a Mixed Environment
Securing Exchange Server 2003
- Preparing for & protecting against virus
- Securing Mailboxes
- Implementing Digital Signature & Encryption Capabilities
- Configuring Firewalls
- Configuring Administrative Permissions
- Allowing Only Required Services to Run on Exchange Server 2003
- Introduction to Exchange Recipients
- Creating, Deleting & Modifying Users and Contacts
- Managing Mailboxes Mail-Enabled Groups
Managing Public Folders
- Managing Public Folder Data& Network Access to Public Folders
- Publishing An Outlook 11 Form
Managing Address Lists
- Introduction to Address Lists
- Managing & Customising Address Lists
Implementing and Managing Client Access with Internet Protocols
- Introduction to Internet Client Access Protocols
- Implementing a Front/ BackEnd Server Topology
- Implementing & Managing Outlook Web Access
Managing Client Configuration & Connectivity
- Configuring & Customizing Outlook 2003
- Performing Calendaring Tasks in Outlook 2003
- Installing and Configuring Outlook Express
- Explaining How Message Routing Works in an Exchange Organization
- Configuring Routing in an Exchange Organization
- Internet Connectivity Concepts & Protocols
- Managing Connectivity to the Internet
Managing Mobile Devices
- Managing Mobility Components
- Provisioning Users for Mobile Access
Managing Data Storage & Hardware Resources
- Managing Data Storage, Disk Space & Hardware Upgrades
Planning for/Recovering from Disasters
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
- Backing Up Exchange Server 2003
- Restoring Exchange Server Stores & Servers
Performing Preventive Maintenance
- Performing Daily Exchange Maintenance
- Performing Scheduled Exchange Maintenance
- Performing On-Demand Exchange Maintenance
Migrating Users from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003
- Populating Active Directory with Windows NT 4.0 User and Group Accounts
- Connecting Exchange 5.5 to Active Directory
- Moving Mailbox and Public Folder Contents into an Exchange Server 2003 Organization
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses