The course explains how to configure and manage a MED-V deployment. Then, it describes the procedures for deploying an App-V solution by implementing App-V servers and clients and by sequencing applications.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 system and desktop administrators who will manage and implement desktop and application virtualization technologies within their networks. The students for this course typically are responsible for implementing their organizations’ desktop and application virtualization, or their information technology (IT) management has directed them to research and/or implement desktop and application virtualization in the existing environment. Students should have a minimum of 1.5 years of experience working with Windows Server 2008 as a server or desktop administrator. This course does not require prior experience with virtualization. However, we highly recommend familiarity with virtualization concepts and management tools.
- Lesson 1: Planning Desktop Virtualization Scenarios
- Lesson 2: Implementing Windows Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode
- Lesson 3: Implementing Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization
- Lesson 4: Configuring and Deploying MED-V Images
- Lesson 5: Managing a MED-V Deployment
- Lesson 6: Implementing App-V
- Lesson 7: Planning and Deploying App-V Clients
- Lesson 8: Managing and Administering Application Virtualization
- Lesson 9: Sequencing Applications for Virtualization
- Lesson 10: Configuring Remote Desktop Services and the RemoteApp
- Lesson 11: Implementing User State Virtualization
- Lesson 12: Configuring Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
About IT & Business Consulting Group
Whether you need a one-day onsite training course, full-service consulting, or if you are not really sure which solution will work, we can help.
ITBCG is a leading and innovative learning provider with over twenty years’ experience of providing best in-class learning solutions. We work in partnership with our customers to deliver flexibility, value and service. We develop innovative programs to ensure that every aspect of the learning development, delivery and administration of courses work to our clients’ benefit.
We provide IT and business skills learning to both the private and public sector companies and organizations. Our core training is focused on Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA Citrix, EC-Council, Oracle, and ISC2 and best practice. This includes ITIL® Service Management and ISO, and PMI which is tied into business process improvement, project management, and business analysis and leadership development. See all IT & Business Consulting Group courses