- Duration 24 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change. This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement a Reporting Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Reporting Services development tools to create reports, and how to use the Reporting Services management and administrative tools to manage a Reporting Services solution.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe SQL Server Reporting Services and its components.
- Create a Reporting Services report.
- Enhance a Reporting Services report.
- Create and manipulate data sets.
- Use report models to implement reporting for business users.
- Configure report publishing and execution settings.
- Implement subscriptions for reports.
- Administer Reporting Services.
- Implement custom Reporting Services applications.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Exposure to creating reports in Microsoft Access or other third-party reporting products, such as Crystal Reports.
- Conceptual understanding of the push and pull distribution/subscription paradigm.
- Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping)
- Experience creating service accounts and permissions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- SQL Server Agent.
- SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE).
- SQL Server System tables.
- SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).
- Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Module 2: Authoring Basic Reports
- Module 3: Enhancing Basic Reports
- Module 4: Manipulating Data Sets
- Module 5: Using Report Models
- Module 6: Publishing and Executing Reports
- Module 7: Using Subscriptions to Distribute Reports
- Module 8: Administering Reporting Services
- Module 9: Programming Reporting Services
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses