- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 5 Days
This is an accelerated training event that will use elements from M2779 and M2780 courses, the delegates will also be supplied with an additional book (Learning SQL on SQL Server 2005) to supplement the course notes.
Recommended as preparation for exam(s): Exam 70–431: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance.
IT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
This course is intended for IT Professionals wanting to become skilled on SQL Server 2005 product features and technologies for Implementing and maintaining a SQL 2005 database. The course is also suitable to any IT Professionals wanting to update their skills from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
All delegates should have a working knowledge of:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
What will I learn?
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Install and configure SQL Server 2005.
- Manage database files.
- Manage security.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Backup databases.
- Rstore databases.
- Monitor SQL Server.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server.
- Transfer data.
- Maintain high availability.
- Create databases and database files.
- Create data types and tables.
- Use XML-related features in Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Plan, create, and optimize indexes.
- Implement data integrity in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 databases by Using constraints, triggers, and XML schemas.
- Implement views.
- Implement stored procedures and functions.
- Implement managed code in the database.
- Use Service Broker to build a messaging-based solution.
What will it cover?
Installing and configuring SQL Server 2005
- Preparing to install SQL Server
- Installing SQL Server
- Managing a SQL Server 2005 Installation
Managing Databases and Files
- Planning databases
- Creating databases
- Creating Filegroups
- Creating Schemas
- Creating Database Snapshots
- Managing databases
Creating Data Types and Tables
- Creating Data Types
- Creating Tables
- Creating Partitioned Tables
Writing Queries Using Transact-SQL
- Getting started with Transact-SQL.
- Performing basic queries.
- Grouping and summarizing data.
- Joining data from multiple tables.
- Working with subqueries.
- Modifying data.
- Querying metadata, XML, and full-text indexes.
- Using programming objects for data retrieval.
- Using advanced querying techniques.
- Retrieving XML by Using FOR XML
- Shredding XML by Using OPENXML
- Using the xml Data Type
Creating and Tuning Indexes
- Planning Indexes
- Creating Indexes
- Optimizing Indexes
- Creating XML Indexes Implementing Data Integrity
- Data Integrity Overview
- Implementing Constraints
- Implementing Triggers
- Implementing XML Schemas
- Introduction to Views
- Creating and Managing Views
- Optimising Performance by Using Views
Implementing Stored Procedures and Functions
- Implementing Stored Procedures
- Creating Parameterized Stored Procedures
- Creating Functions
- Handling Errors
- Controlling Execution Context
Implementing Managed Code in the Database
- Introduction to the SQL Server Common Language Runtime
- Importing and Configuring Assemblies
- Creating Managed Database Objects
Using Service Broker
- Service Broker Overview
- Creating Service Broker Objects
- Sending and Receiving Messages
- Overview of SQL Server Security
- Securing the Server Scope
- Securing the Database Scope
- Implementing Cryptography in SQL Server
- Planning a Backup Strategy
- Backing Up User Databases
- Restoring User Databases
- Recovering Data from Database Snapshots
System Database and Disaster Recovery Monitoring SQL Server
- Viewing Current Activity
- Using System Monitor and SQL Server Profiler
Using DDL Triggers and Event Notifications Transferring Data
- Overview of Data Transfer
- Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Using SQL Server Integration Services
Automating Administrative Tasks
- Automating Administrative Tasks in SQL Server 2005
- Configuring the SQL Server Agent
- Creating Jobs and Operators
- Creating Alerts
- Managing Multiple Servers
- Managing SQL Server Agent Security
Maintaining High Availability
- Introduction to High Availability
- Implementing Server Clustering, Database Mirroring and Log Shipping
Introduction to Replication
- Overview of Replication
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses