- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
This instructor-led course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and implement a Windows 8 desktop infrastructure. The course provides guidance on planning and deploying desktops by using several technologies such as User State Migration Tool (USMT), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and more. Additionally, the course describes how to protect desktops and monitor their health and performance.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess and determine desktop deployment options.
- Plan an image management strategy.
- Implement desktop security.
- Capture and manage a desktop operating system image.
- Plan and implement User State Migration.
- Plan and deploy desktops by using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Plan and deploying desktops by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Plan and implement a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.
- Manage user state virtualization for enterprise desktops.
- Plan and implement an updates infrastructure to support enterprise desktops.
- Protect enterprise desktops from malware and data loss.
- Monitoring the performance and health of the desktop infrastructure.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)—for example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership
- Good understanding of scripts and batch files
- Solid understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization
- Familiarity with the client administration capabilities of Windows Server
- General knowledge of management tools such as System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, System Center 2012 Operations Manager, and System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager.
- Familiarity with imaging, packaging, and operating system deployment concepts
- Familiarity with certificates and Certification Authority (CA) implementation and configuration
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 MCSA
- Experience administering Windows Server in an environment that typically has the following characteristics:
- 2,500 to 50,000 or more users
- Multiple physical locations and multiple domain controllers
- Network services and resources such as messaging, databases, file and print, firewalls, Internet access, an intranet, and client computer management
- Support for Windows 8 client desktops
- Deployment and management of both physical and virtual applications
- Module 1: Assessing and Determining Desktop Deployment OptionsThis module describes the enterprise desktop lifecycle and explains how you can assess hardware and infrastructure readiness. The module then describes how to identify and select the most appropriate deployment option based upon organizational requirements.
- Module 2: Planning An Image Management StrategyThis modules describes Windows image formats and helps you to define an efficient image management strategy based upon business requirements.
- Module 3: Implementing Desktop SecurityThis module describes how to deploy and manage a secure desktop by implementing centralized policies, BitLocker settings, and Encrypted File System (EFS) settings.
- Module 4: Capturing and Managing a Desktop Operating System ImageThis module describes how to use the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to create, capture, and manage a desktop operating system image.
- Module 5: Planning and Implementing User State MigrationThis modules describes how to use the User State Migration Tool (USMT) to migrate appropriate user data and settings to a new desktop operating system.
- Module 6: Planning and Deploying Desktops Using the Microsoft Deployment ToolkitThis module describes how to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012 to deploy Windows operating systems in lite touch installation scenarios.
- Module 7: Planning and Deploying Desktops by Using System Center 2012 Configuration ManagerThis describes how to use System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to implement a zero touch installation for deploying enterprise desktops.
- Module 8: Planning and Implementing a Remote Desktop Services InfrastructureThis module describes how to plan and implement session virtualization deployment and a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) based upon Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services.
- Module 9: Managing User State Virtualization For Enterprise DesktopsThis module describes how to plan and configure user state virtualization to provide a consistent desktop client experience.
- Module 10: Planning and Implementing an Updates Infrastructure to Support Enterprise DesktopsStudents will be able to plan and implement an updates infrastructure to support both physical and virtual enterprise desktops.
- Module 11: Protecting Enterprise Desktops from Malware and Data LossThis module describes how to use System Center technologies such as Endpoint protection and Data Protection Manager (DPM) to protect enterprise desktops from malware and data loss.
- Module 12: Monitoring the Performance and Health of the Desktop InfrastructureThis module describes how to identify and monitor relevant services and components to ensure the health and performance of the enterprise desktop infrastructure.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses