- Duration: 40 Hours
About this Course Data warehousing is a solution organizations use to centralize business data for reporting and analysis. This instructor-led course focuses on teaching individuals how to create a data warehouse with SQL Server, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services. This course helps people prepare for exam 70-463.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an SSIS solution that supports incremental data warehouse loads and changing data.
- Integrate cloud data into a data warehouse ecosystem infrastructure.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how information workers can consume data from the data warehouse.
At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Module 2: Data Warehouse Hardware
- Module 4: Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
- Module 5: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Module 6: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Module 7: Implementing an Incremental ETL Process
- Module 8: Incorporating Data from the Cloud into a Data Warehouse
- Module 9: Enforcing Data Quality
- Module 10: Using Master Data Services
- Module 11: Extending SQL Server Integration Services
- Module 12: Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Module 13: Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses