- Duration: Flexible
- Timings Flexible options
- Location: Online
The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management aims to raise the professional competence of environmental practitioners. All delegates who have successfully completed this IEMA approved course will be entitled to one year’s Affiliate Membership of IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment), the leading international membership-based organisation dedicated to the professional development of individuals involved in the environmental profession. This course is aimed at those who have recently become involved in environmental management or individuals whose environmental management responsibility is an integral part of a wider range of duties. Santia’s e-learning course has been designed to take you through the course material step by step. The e-learning platform will give you access to a wide range of study resources from videos, audios and case studies to practice tests and a grade book to record your progress.
- Flexibility – the course material is all accessible via the internet which means you can study at a time and place that is convenient to you.
- Progress and practice – multiple-choice/essay style practice exam questions with tutor model answers to prepare you for the exam
- Support from Santia’s fully qualified environmental tutors via email.
- Understand the key environmental issues and their relevance to business e.g. climate change, greenhouse effect, acid rain, ozone depletion, pollution of land, air and water, loss of biodiversity, deforestation, population growth and consumption, non-renewable resource use and desertification.
- Have an appreciation of the driving forces leading to the introduction of environmental management systems into an organisation and their potential benefits.
- Outline the structure of environmental legislation and appreciate the role of key regulatory agencies. •Understand the potential impact of key pieces of legislation on business.
- Describe the purpose of the initial environmental review and outline how an environmental review is conducted.
- Understand the purpose and nature of an environmental audit.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of ISO 14001.
- Be aware of the scope of the ISO 14000 series standards and their relationship with other management systems specifications.
- Take on an active role within the environmental management process.
Successful completion of the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management leads to Affiliate Membership of IEMA. The course assessment consists of a multiple choice and short answer test paper and a workplace practical assessment involving environmental input identification and action planning.
Santia are a leading International provider of health, safety and environmental training to the Middle East market
Since 1992 we have delivered cutting edge International health, safety and environmental training courses to clients from a wide range of industry and business sectors including oil and gas, nuclear, chemical, pharmaceutical, aerospace, utilities and transport.
Santia’s training and consultancy services help our customers to protect their people and profits, drive business efficiencies and improve staff morale and productivity.
Santia’s main services include Training, Consultancy and Food Consultancy and
Training, offered from our office in the Knowledge Village, Dubai.
We are proud of our people and results:
Santia has over 200 trainers and consultants working in International markets. These include chartered health and safety practitioners, dedicated trainers, former government health, safety and environmental inspectors, scientists and skilled technicians.
Proven Track Record
More than 12,000 people per year train with Santia. Santia’s pass rates are consistently higher than the national average with 90-100% pass rate for the NEBOSH certificate.
Santia will work closely with you to understand your organisational training needs allowing us to deliver tailored training and consultancy servicesSee all Santia courses