- Locations: British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
- Duration: 10 Days
The Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) is a recognised specialist authority in the field of the environment. The popular 2 week certificate is aimed at managers and safety and environmental practitioners who have responsibility for environmental management and leads to associate membership of IEMA for successful candidates
At the end of the programme you should be able to
- Understand the issues, science and philosophy that underpin environmental sustainability Identify relevant legislation for an organisation and take initial steps towards ensuring compliance
- Understand the role of various analytical and managerial tools and the assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance
Module 1 Environmental sustainability
- Earth's natural system
- Business and environment
- Effect of releases
- Towards sustainability
Module 2 Environmental legislation
- Instruments for change
- Controls on emissions to the atmosphere
- Controls on the management of controlled waste
- Controls on discharges to the water environment
- Issues relating to contaminated land Nuisance
- Producer responsibility
- Other relevant legislation
Module 3 Assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance
- Identification and assessment of environmental impact
- Environmental management systems (EMS)
- Environmental audit
- Life cycle analysis
- Environmental impact assessment
- Strategic environmental assessment (SEA)
- Environmental risk assessment
- Pollution prevention and control
- Environmental communication
A full list of objectives is available upon request
For any qualification to be worthwhile it must be hard earned. It must give the owner a sense of achievement and pride. This does not come easy. The assessment involves a formal examination at the end of the programme and a workplace practical project
Membership of IEMA
Your course fee includes registration with IEMA and your first year's membership subscription. We will manage the membership arrangements for successful candidates
This course in undertaken in conjunction with our strategic Associate Partners in Environmental Matters - The Key Consultancy Ltd
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses