The IELTS is an English language assessment test used by institution around the world to evaluate the English language skills of international students. While IELTS scores are used mostly by universities in Australia and England, it is gaining acceptance at institution in the United States. Currently, there are approximately 1,000 colleges and universities in the U.S. that will accept IELTS for undergraduate admission only. Graduate programs may ask that you submit scores from the TOEFL, not the IELTS.
If you are unable to take the TOEFL in Nepal for any particular reason, the IELTS may be an option for you. However, make sure before hand that the colleges you are applying to will accept IELTS scores. The IELTS website has a search feature that will tell you which U.S. institutions accept the IELTS.
The IELTS test consists of four separate sections - Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The Speaking section is administered separately, usually within a week of taking the other sections. IELTS scores range from 0-9, nine being the highest. American colleges that accept the IELTS usually require a minimum score of 6.5 for admission.
IELTS Quick Facts:
- The IELTS test is administered as a paper-based test by the British Council at Lainchaur, Kathmandu.
- Testing is offered at least twice a month.
- Students may also take the test in Pokhara, where testing is offered once every two months.
- Registration for the test may be completed at the British Council itself.
- The cost of taking the IELTS test in Nepal is comparable to what you would pay for the computer-based TOEFL.
- Score reports are usually available two weeks after the written portion of the test.
Education USA Pvt. Ltd. instigated in 2006 is an approved student recruitment agency from Government of Nepal ( HMG Regd. No.: 38781 ) that deliberates in education consulting services to local students for placements in colleges and universities throughout the world. Education USA Pvt. Ltd.’s capability lies in strategic planning, marketing research, career counseling, international education and recruitment.
Education USA Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in recruitment of students for furthering education worldwide. We are knowledgeably managed organization facilitating the students and aspirants to identify appropriate courses and institutions which meets individual need.
Education USA Pvt. Ltd. believes in understanding student’s academic and career interest and providing professional global education consulting with personalized and finer customer services to its client in degree and non-degree programs.
We value student’s interest, skills, & goals to help them decide right majors/areas of study. We assist out students in applying for higher education to any school worldwide that matches their interest and goal proving them a safe and better future.
Our professional and courteous career counselors with undergraduate and graduate degree from USA, Europe, and Asia have experience in working with local students, families and institutions.
At Education USA Pvt. Ltd., we believe in long term healthy relationship with our students and their guardians. As such, we work scrupulously with our students in identifying programs, colleges and universities, scholarships and financial assistances at most competitive charges.
Services for the Student:
In addition to our processing services, we offer several free counseling services, we do:
- Academic and career counseling
- Application preparation assistance
- Recommendation letters assistance
- Test preparation class (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GRE, GMAT)
- Online test registration for TOEFL/SAT/GRE/GMAT
- College or university placement
- I-20/offer letter/visa documentation/financial guidance
- Visa preparation class
- Housing, traveling assistance
- Reserve student’s flight/ticket
- Schedule transportation from the airport to the college/university