The Training Developer Course (TDC) is prepared by ICAO's Aviation Safety Training Section (AST), Air Navigation Bureau (ANB), and offered to the Aviation Community through the TRAINIAR PLUS Centres. The TDC is the core training activity in the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme. This is the main tool to consolidate the implementation of the programme among Civil Aviation Training Centres (CATCs) and creation of a team of updated and well trained professionals as course developers to work on Course Development Units.
- The course provides professionals with advanced techniques for applying the Instructional Systems Development methodology (ISD) under the TRAINAIR PLUS Programme. This is a complete instructional development workshop with focus on the practical aspects of developing training and educational programs.
- The course will train civil aviation course developers to design and develop Standardized Training Packages (STPs) for TRAINAIR PLUS competency-based training standards by either upgrading existing conventional courses developed by the CATC become a TP STP or create a new TP STP.
- After having successfully completed the course, the trainees will be able to identify the TRAINAIR PLUS training development methodological standards to:
- Analyze training needs and choose strategies
- Analyse jobs and target populations
- Determine training objectives
- Sequence objectives and group them into modules
- Prepare and validate tests
- Design modules
- Produce and validate training material
- Assist in On the Job Training planning and monitoring
Who Should Attend
- Experienced civil aviation training instructors and aviation professionals who are dedicated to the implementation of competency-based training programmes and development of courses with international standards
- Training managers, supervisors and professionals who want to increase their productivity as developers of training and educational program
- Competency-based Training Methodology
- Preliminary Analysis
- Job Analysis
- Population Analysis
- Design of Curriculum
- Design of Modules
- Production and Developmental Testing
Course Prerequisite (s)
- University degree or equivalent qualifications and experience in one or more civil aviation fields or in Human Resources Development and Training
- Qualification as an instructor with at least 5 years’ practical experience or equivalent aviation professional field experience
- Experience in the preparation of a wide range of training aids and their effective incorporation into a training programme (Desirable)
- Computer skills using contemporary software programmes
- Good oral and written command of English language.
About Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS)
their team at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) offer employers and employees of the aviation industry the very finest in international standard training.
Based at Al Bateen Executive Airport in the UAE capital of Abu Dhabi, they at GCAS are equipped with outstanding facilities, a pool of international knowledge and the highest of accreditations.See all Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS) courses