- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 4 Days
This instructor-led course teaches technical professionals the skills needed to administer and maintain WebSphere MQ Level 2 queue managers using WebSphere MQ for z/OS.
The course uses a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises to teach students how to install, customize, operate, and administer IBM WebSphere MQ. Topics covered in this course include configuration, day-to-day administration, problem recovery, and managing security and performance. In addition, the hands-on labs enable students to gain direct experience working with WebSphere MQ V7 by performing tasks such as creating and monitoring queue channels, setting up a mail application, and managing recovery.
This course can also help students prepare for WebSphere MQ Administrator certification.
This course is designed for technical support professionals who implement, operate, and perform day-to-day administration of WebSphere MQ 7 on z/OS.
- List the steps required to plan for and install WebSphere MQ V7 for z/OS
- Perform post-installation configuration of WebSphere MQ V7 for z/OS
- Describe the role of the WebSphere MQ administrator
- Perform day-to-day administration tasks
- Add and modify WebSphere MQ V7 resource definitions
- Plan for and administer WebSphere MQ V7 publish/subscribe capability
- Ensure successful recovery after system failures
- Plan for and implement WebSphere MQ V7 security considerations
- Use the supplied WebSphere MQ documentation to supplement the knowledge and skills gained in this course
Before taking this course, students should have a solid understanding of WebSphere MQ concepts and facilities. This knowledge can be gained by experience or by successfully completing course Technical Introduction to WebSphere MQ V7 (WM100) or (VM100).
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses