- Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
In this instructor-led course, you learn how to issue calls that use the WebSphere MQ API (MQI). You learn how to code and use calls to complete various functions, such as opening and closing queues and putting messages on or retrieving messages from a queue. You also learn other important topics such as controlling message retrieval, writing programs that change queue attributes, handling MQI security, and managing message channels.
This course includes a brief review of WebSphere MQ and a descriptive introduction to the MQI. It introduces the WebSphere MQ calls that control connections and put messages on a queue. It also describes how to generate correctly formatted request and reply messages. You learn how to place a single message on a queue with an implied open and close for efficiency, use the message ID and correlation ID, browse messages on a queue, and wait for message arrival.
The course also includes a unit on using syncpoint control calls (MQBEGIN, MQCMIT, and MQBACK) that allow WebSphere MQ clients to participate in units of work, MQI security, and asynchronous message consumptions.
This course is designed for experienced business application programmers who must develop applications that use the messaging and queuing techniques that the WebSphere MQ API (MQI) supports.
- Describe and use the MQI
- Design and write programs that use the MQI
- Identify the differences in using the MQI across the various WebSphere MQ platforms
- Design and write programs that use the security and message groups and segmentation features of the MQI
- Successfully complete course Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQ (WM101), (VM101), or (ZM101)
- Have a basic understanding of the messaging and queuing model and how the model is implemented in WebSphere MQ
- Have experience with designing business application programs and developing application programs in C
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses