- Duration: 4 Days
In this course, you learn some of the advanced skills that system programmers and administrators of IBM WebSphere MQ V7.5 on distributed platforms require.
This course expands the basic skill sets that are developed in courses Technical Introduction to IBM WebSphere MQ (WM101GB), (VM101GB), and (ZM101GB) and IBM WebSphere MQ V7.1 System Administration (WM204GB)/(VM204GB) for Windows, (WM206GB)/(VM206GB) for Linux.
This course focuses on advanced features and facilities of WebSphere MQ, such as clustering and security. More specifically, you learn about the administration of workload balancing by using clustering and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to secure channels. Additional topics include channel exit programming, statistic and accounting facilities, advanced client features, and publish/subscribe administration.
The lab exercises are designed to build advanced administration skills, which include implementing channel exits, securing WebSphere MQ channels, and clustering to manage workloads.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP platform.
This advanced course is designed for technical professionals who require advanced administrator skills for WebSphere MQ on distributed platforms, or who provide support to others who administer WebSphere MQ. This course is based on WebSphere MQ version 7.5 but is also appropriate for those who support prior versions of WebSphere MQ.
- Use the advanced features of WebSphere MQ to configure and administer queue managers on distributed platforms
- Activate channel exits
- Use message channel exits to enhance security or perform specialized translations of message data
- Use Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) to secure TCP/IP channels
- Set up security definitions and the WebSphere MQ objects to which they refer
- Use clusters of queue managers for advanced workload management
- Implement WebSphere MQ high availability
- Use advanced client connection functions such as conversation sharing, read-ahead, and asynchronous put
- Use statistics and accounting facilities that are provided with WebSphere MQ to optimize the use of system resources
- Administer distributed publish/subscribe networks that include publish/subscribe clustering and hierarchical networks
- Administer Java Message Service (JMS) in WebSphere MQ
- Use WebSphere MQ to manage file transfers
- the skills necessary to complete basic WebSphere MQ administration tasks in a distributed environment.
These skills can be obtained through practical experience or by successfully completing one of the IBM WebSphere MQ V7.1 System Administration courses (WM204GB)/(VM204GB) for Windows, (WM206GB)/(VM206GB) for Linux.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses