- Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led workshop is designed to give administrators an intermediate-level overview of IBM WebSphere Message Broker V8.
This course is also relevant for Message Broker developers who also work in an administrative capacity. WebSphere Message Broker V8 delivers new features that enhance its ability to connect to a wide range of data sources and manage enterprise solution bus (ESB) deployments.
In this course, you learn how to administer WebSphere Message Broker V8 on distributed platforms, such as Windows and AIX, by using the WebSphere Message Broker administrative interfaces. These interfaces include the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit, WebSphere Message Broker Explorer, the web interface, and the command-line interface.
The course begins with an overview of Message Broker and its role in the IBM WebSphere reference architecture. Subsequent topics covered in the course include initial product installation and maintenance, environment configuration, and administrative tasks, such as backing up and recovering the environment. You learn how to conduct in-depth content reviews, product requirements planning, problem determination and resolution, and performance monitoring and tuning. You also learn techniques for extending the capabilities of WebSphere Message Broker.
The course also covers the publish/subscribe model, and it provides a review of the Java Message Service (JMS) transport protocol and web services.
In the course lab exercises, you get hands-on experience with Message Broker V8 administrative tasks, such as working with the publish/subscribe message topology, managing WebSphere Message Broker, using web services, and configuring security. You also investigate runtime problems and extend WebSphere Message Broker capabilities by implementing extensions and SupportPacs. The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
This intermediate course is designed for product administrators and developers who perform administrative tasks in the WebSphere Message Broker V8 environment.
You should successfully complete one of the IBM WebSphere MQ V7 System Administration courses:
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7 System Administration (AIX labs) (WM202GB) or (VM202GB)
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7 System Administration (Linux labs) (WM203GB) or (VM203GB)
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7.1 System Administration (using Windows for labs) (WM204GB), IBM WebSphere MQ V7.1 System
- Administration (using Windows for labs) (Remote) (VM204GB), or (ZM204GB)
- IBM WebSphere MQ V7.1 System Administration (using Linux for labs) (WM206GB) or (VM206GB)
You should also have hands-on experience with the Windows operating system environment. Experience with WebSphere Message Broker is helpful, but not required.
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Message Broker overview
- Product installation, configuration, and security planning
- Exercise: WebSphere Message Broker setup and customization
- Using the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit
- Exercise: Using the WebSphere Message Broker Toolkit
- Configuring and administering the broker
- Exercise: Administering the broker runtime components
- Implementing WebSphere Message Broker security
- Exercise: Administering broker security
- Monitoring and problem determination
- Exercise: Using trace facilities
- Exercise: Identifying runtime problems
- Monitoring broker and message flow performance
- Publish/subscribe implementation overview
- Exercise: Accessing broker statistics and configuring publication subscriptions
- Administering web services and JMS
- Exercise: Implementing web services and web services security
- Extending WebSphere Message Broker
- Exercise: Implementing a user-defined extension
- Configuring WebSphere Message Broker for high availability
- Course summary
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses