- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led course teaches students how to use the powerful features and capabilities of IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7, as well as key Business Process Management (BPM) practices, to map, simulate, and analyze business processes. WebSphere Business Modeler V7 enables the visualization, documentation, modeling, and analysis of business processes for understanding and process execution. Business Modeler provides a comprehensive view of the processes that underlie how organizations do business, which allows users to document business processes and to improve them through business process analysis.
In this course, students receive intensive training in documenting business processes and conducting simulation and analysis with WebSphere Business Modeler V7. The course begins with an overview of Business Modeler and the concept of business processes. Students learn how to document business processes by creating business process diagrams with Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN). Students also learn how to define human tasks and business rules tasks, validate the process model, and apply common modeling patterns.
Hands-on lab exercises for the documentation portion of this course include creating process models using the Swimlane editor, project versioning using Rational ClearCase, and performing team collaboration by using WebSphere Business Compass with Business Space powered by WebSphere. Students then apply what they learned, using these concepts and techniques to develop their own models based on a provided business scenario.
After learning how to document and map business processes, students explore the powerful simulation and analysis features offered by WebSphere Business Modeler. Students learn how to use Business Modeler to set up and run simulations, as well as to conduct dynamic analysis with simulation results. Students also learn how to define business measures and how to perform process improvement by comparing the results between AS-IS models and TO-BE models.
Hands-on lab exercises for the simulation and analysis portion of this course enable students to run simulations, create custom reports, define business measures, and generate Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) code.
- This course is designed for business analysts, implementation consultants, project managers, support engineers, sales and marketing professionals, and customers who need intensive training in process modeling, analysis, simulation, and reporting using WebSphere Business Modeler V7.
- Create a business process diagram using the process editor
- Create definitions and structures for modeling elements
- Validate a model and perform static analysis
- Apply common modeling patterns
- Identify project management capabilities and methodologies
- Create a process model based on a business scenario
- Perform team collaboration support for version control
- Perform team collaboration using WebSphere Business Compass
- Set up and run a simulation
- Conduct dynamic analysis
- Identify methods for process improvement
- Create custom queries and reports
- Describe the purpose of business measures
- Export projects from WebSphere Business Modeler
There are no required prerequisites for this course. However, students should have a fundamental knowledge of business process design and analysis.
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses