- Duration: 5 Days
This course is replaced by IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V7: Process Mapping, Simulation and Analysis (WB782GB) This instructor-led course teaches students how to use business process management (BPM) practices while using the powerful features and capabilities of IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V6.2.
WebSphere Business Modeler can be used to create a comprehensive view of the processes that underlie how companies do business.WebSphere Business Modeler, along with business process analysis methods, can support process improvement by giving organizations an understanding of how their processes work.
In this course, students receive intensive training in business process modeling and analysis using simulation results, while also experiencing the capabilities of WebSphere Business Modeler's advanced features. Students explore business process management scoping and methodology and learn about how to set project standards. The course also focuses on concepts and procedures involved in modifying and customizing business process models based on modeling modes. Using these concepts, students participate in interactive discussions on solution modeling and build their own models based on a business scenario. Other topics covered in this course include creating process models using the Swimlane editor, project versioning using Rational ClearCase, and collaboration using WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server with Business Space powered by WebSphere.
Hands-on lab exercises enable students to gather project requirements and compare simulation results. Students also create, analyze, report, and update business process models by using Business Process Management Notation (BPMN), importing data from other tools like Microsoft Visio, linking requirements with Rational RequisitePro, and reviewing process models on WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server.
This course is designed for: Business analysts Implementation consultants Project managers Support engineers Sales and marketing professionals Customers who need intensive training in process modeling, analysis, simulation, and reporting using WebSphere Business Modeler V6.2
- Create a business process diagram using the process editor
- Create definitions and structures for modeling elements
- Link requirements with Rational RequisitePro
- Validate a model and perform static analysis
- Identify project management capabilities and methodologies
- Create a process model based on a business scenario
- Import Visio diagrams to WebSphere Business Modeler
- Set up and run a simulation
- Conduct dynamic analysis
- Identify methods for process improvement
- Create custom queries and reports
- Describe the purpose of business measures
- Perform team collaboration support for version control
- Perform team collaboration using WebSphere Business Modeler Publishing Server
- Export projects from WebSphere Business Modeler
- There are no required prerequisites for this course.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses