- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led course teaches students how to configure and use the advanced features of WebSphere Application Server V7.0 Network Deployment in a multi-node environment.
This course provides students with a working knowledge of WebSphere Application Server V7.0 Network Deployment installation, security, and management. The course begins with a discussion on installing WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in a distributed environment, and covers topics such as automated performance optimization, centralized management, and high availability.
Students learn about advanced WebSphere Application Server multi-node administration topics, such as security and management, through hands-on activities and group discussions that build a solid understanding of best practices for designing, configuring, and managing a Network Deployment cell. For example, students learn how to articulate, design, and implement robust workload management scenarios in order to improve performance and manage failover. Students also learn about the intricacies of end-to-end security, Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE) security, Secure Sockets Layers (SSL), and digital signatures that are relevant to administrators.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course reinforce the concepts covered in the lectures and allow students to practice their new administration skills. Skills covered in the exercises include setting up and managing SSL, using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) or local registries, and working with WebSphere Platform Messaging.
This course is for experienced administrators who install, configure, and manage Web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server V7.0. It is also appropriate for webmasters and application architects.
- Describe the architectural concepts related to WebSphere Application Server V7.0
- Configure WebSphere Application Server
- Install and configure IBM HTTP Server, both interactively and silently
- Explain the basic concepts of Java EE
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere Application Server administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications through the graphical user interface (GUI) console and through wsdamin Configure WebSphere Platform Messaging for workload scripts
- Configure SSL communication between WebSphere Application Server and LDAP
- Enable Java 2 security
- Configure Java EE security for server-side application resources
- Deploy applications and configure resources in clustered environments interactively and through wsadmin scripts
- Install and configure the Load Balancer Edge component
- Install and configure the Caching Proxy Edge component
- Configure WebSphere Platform Messaging for workload management and high availability
Students should have:
- Solid knowledge of Internet protocols, such as HTTP, Internet Inter-Orb Protocol (IIOP), and HTTPS
- Basic WebSphere Application Server knowledge
- Linux operating system knowledge
- Basic knowledge of LDAP servers
- Administration skills for a Web server such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic operational skills using the Linux operating system
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses