- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
In this course, you learn how to define automation policy for the IBM® Tivoli® System Automation for z/OS® components of system operations, including the Automation Manager and the Automation Agent. You learn, for example, how to create policy definitions for systems, Applications, Application Groups, and monitor resources. The SA z/OS Automation Manager and Automation Agent both run in a z/OS 1.11 system environment with Tivoli® NetView for z/OS V5R4. This training class is provided in a classroom environment with multiple opportunities for hands-on lab exercises. You define automation policy for several environments: single system and multiple system within a basic sysplex.
This intermediate course is primarily intended for system administrators and system analysts who are responsible for defining the automation policy that is used by System Automation for z/OS.
- Explain the steps required to install and customize System Objectives:Automation for z/OS
- Describe the coexistence and migration issues for existing releases
- Describe the customization of the z/OS system and NetView to prepare for System Automation for z/OS installation and customization
- Build and implement the required System Automation for z/OS automation configuration files from the Policy Data Base
- Customize the System Automation for z/OS Policy Data Base for goal-oriented operations of applications and application groups in a single system and a basic sysplex
- Use the System Automation for z/OS operator interface to display the status of and manage automated resources
- Customize the SDF component of System Automation for z/OS.
- Navigate and verify SDF panels.
You should have the following skills:
- Basic ISPF use
- Basic System Automation for z/OS concepts and operations
- Some understanding of IBM Tivoli Monitoring architecture and OMEGAMON® monitors and exceptions
- Basic z/OS operations and started task concepts
- JCL coding and z/OS data set allocation
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses