- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
Practice implementing a data management strategy with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1. During this course you install the Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.1 server, backup-archive clients, and the Operations Center. You create storage pools and configure their hierarchies to manage the flow of data from disk to tape media. You map storage pools to data, define new policy domains, policy sets, management classes, backup copy groups, and archive copy groups. You also learn to register administrators and grant privileges, back up and restore client data, and manage long-term and off-site data through archiving and retrieval. You automate client operations, and configure and manage storage events. Finally, you learn how to protect the Tivoli Storage Manager server by automating backup and restore.
This basic course is for new Tivoli Storage Manager administrators.
You should have experience with Windows OS administration, including Windows 8.
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager overview
- Installing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Accessing Tivoli Storage Manger administrative and client interfaces
- Managing the database and recovery logs
- Configuring devices and storage pools
- Customizing data retention
- Configuring the client
- Protecting client data
- Protecting the database and storage pools
- Automating and monitoring operations
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses