- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 5 Days
This course is the first of two instructor-led courses for implementing, configuring and administering IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. In hands-on practice, you install the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server, backup-archive client, the Tivoli Integrated Portal, and Administration Center. After the product is installed, you configure the environment. You create and configure storage pool hierarchies and define policies to manage the flow of data from disk to disk or tape media. Lab exercises guide you through the steps to back up, restore, archive and retrieve client data. You also create schedules to run administrative and client processes and maintain your Tivoli Storage Manager environment to ensure recoverability. The Student Exercises are conducted on AIX. Students who are interested in Windows implementation should register in course TS612. The lecture material covers all supported Intel and UNIX platforms.
Students who need advanced administration skills should also take course TSX22 - IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration, Tuning, and Troubleshooting for AIX.
This basic course is for system administrators and implementers who will be responsible for implementing an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 solution.
Students should have:
- Windows administration skills.
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager overview
- Installing IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Administrative interfaces and privileges
- Managing storage pools and storage pool volumes
- Storage media devices
- Policy management
- Customizing the Tivoli Storage Manager database and recovery log
- Client configuration
- Backup-archive client functions
- Protecting the database and storage pools
- Automating operations
- Monitoring and event logging
- Appendix A: Additional product information
- Appendix B: Problem determination
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses