- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course is for administrators with a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Extended Edition at a higher skill level than the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration course (TSX12).
Administrators learn how to control and tune the Tivoli Storage Manager environment and what steps to take when troubleshooting. The lab exercises explore the DB2 database management methods and options, using the disaster recovery plan file, and using SQL scripts. In addition, the exercises involve multiple servers to simulate an enterprise environment. You participate in group problem determination exercises, perform a variety of backup and restore processes, and optimize data management, such as data deduplication. You also tune the backup-archive client and the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server for optimal performance.
The hands-on exercises for this course are conducted on AIX. Students interested in Windows implementation should register in course TS622.
This advanced course is for senior system administrators and business partners who are experienced with Tivoli Storage Manager implementation.
- Back up and restore Tivoli Storage Manager databases and storage pools
- Write and use macros and scripts to automate operations
- Optimize Tivoli Storage Manager with performance tuning parameters
- Use client and server trace functions
- Troubleshoot and recover from a database failure
- Recover a primary storage pool
- Configure and use server-to-server virtual volumes
- Configure and use backup sets and online image backup
- Configure and use multi-session backup and move node data
- Enable and use file grouping and open file support
- Configure single administrative logon
- Enable Disaster Recovery Manager
Students should complete course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration (TS612GB) or (8S612GB).
Students should also have the following general skills:
- Ability to navigate applications on the OS being used for the course
- Ability to use the OS command line on the OS being used for the course
- Experience working with storage devices
- Ability to work with an Internet browser
- Thorough understanding of client-server concepts
- Basic understanding of network architecture, including WAN, LAN, and SAN
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses