- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This course will attempt to clarify the new and paradigm changing concepts involved in software-defined networking. It will cover the basics of software-defined networking from a technology standpoint, the product architecture of IBM SDN VE, explain its major components, their benefits while showing how to implement the solution. It will also cover configurations that an administrator must be aware of, advanced features that are supported by the product, like integration with OpenStack while showing multiple use cases.
IBM Software-defined Networking for Virtual Environments (IBM SDN VE) creates a more responsive network infrastructure by creating virtual networks for dynamic workloads. This virtual network is isolated from the physical network much like a virtual machine is isolated from its host server hardware.
IBM Flex System offers intelligent, integrated, and flexible network architecture that can fit with your existing or future environment. These high performance Ethernet offerings coupled with on demand scalability offer an easy way to scale as IT requirements grow. IBM Flex System Fabric is integrated, optimized, and automated.
Therefore, IBM Flex System is a good platform for implementing IBM SDN VE.
Enrollment in this intermediate course is not restricted. This may include anyone involved with the planning, installation, configuration, and upgrades to their systems.
This might include, but is not limited to: Customers and IT consultants Technical IBM personnel IBM Business Partner technical personnel
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Course administration and introduction
- Unit 1: Introduction to software-defined networking
- Unit 2: IBM SDN VE overview
- Unit 3: IBM SDN VE components
- Exercise period 1
- Exercise 1. Installing the Unified Controllers
- Exercise 2. Installing the Distributed Connectivity Services
- Exercise 3. Installing the DOVE Gateways
- Exercise 4. Installing the SDN VE 5000V Distributed vSwitch
- Unit 4: Administrative Tasks
- Unit 5: Planning for Implementation
- Unit 6: Use cases and advanced features
- Exercise period 2
- Exercise 5. Configuring the SDN VE Environment
- Exercise 6. Implementing and Testing the Use Cases
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses