- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
The purpose of the class is to teach students how to create and use IASPs in a variety of application environments. Also, once the IASPs have been created and used in a standalone environment, the student will learn how to use IBM i clusters, geographic mirroring, and copy services to make the IASP highly available.
This is an intermediate technical course for systems programmers and administrators who are considering high availability options for their IBM i environment.
- Name the types of objects that can be placed in an IASP
- Describe the methods used to access information in an IASP
- Create an IASP
- Use an IASP to support a variety of application functions
- Manage a system with IASPs
- Describe the different availability options using clusters and IASPs
- Create a cluster
- Make an IASP highly available with geographic mirroring
- Practice switchover and failover operations
- Explain the management considerations for systems in a cluster
The student should have an understanding of the IBM i concepts in areas such as system security, application implementation, system operations, work management, and communications.
- Unit 1-Unit 13
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses