- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 4 Days
This course expands the basic skill sets that are developed in courses WM102, Technical Introduction to IBM MQ, and WM207 or WM209, IBM MQ V8 System Administration.
This course focuses on features and facilities of IBM MQ, such as clustering and security. Specifically, you learn about implementing a cluster and authenticating connections, channels, and users. Other topics include securing channels with Secure Socket Layer (SSL), channel exit administration, advanced client features, event and message monitoring, and publish/subscribe administration.
This advanced skills course is designed for technical professionals who require advanced administrator skills for IBM MQ on distributed operating systems, or who provide support to others who administer IBM MQ. This course is based on IBM MQ V8 but is also appropriate for students who support prior versions of WebSphere MQ.
You should have the skills that are required to complete basic IBM MQ system administration tasks in a distributed environment. These skills can be obtained through practical experience or by successfully completing one of the IBM MQ V8 system administration courses for distributed operating systems, IBM MQ V8 System Administration (using Windows for labs) ((WM207G) or IBM MQ V8 System Administration (Using Linux for Labs) (WM209G).
- Course introduction
- Managing clients and connections
- Exercise: Configuring for shared conversations
- Securing IBM MQ channels with SSL and TLS
- Exercise: Securing channels with SSL
- Authenticating channels and connections
- Exercise: Implementing connection authentication
- Implementing an IBM MQ cluster
- Exercise: Configuring a basic IBM MQ cluster
- More troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Exercise: Handling messages on the dead-letter queue
- Exercise: Tracing message routes
- High availability
- Introduction to distributed publish/subscribe
- Exercise: Configuring distributed publish/subscribe
- Supporting JMS with IBM MQ
- Exercise: Administering JMS resources in IBM MQ
- Course summary
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses