- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 3 Days
This course builds on the skills of Lotus Education's Fundamentals of IBM Lotus Domino 8 Application Development (D8510) course. Through instructor lecture and student-centered activities and exercises, learn to use IBM Lotus Domino Designer 8 to develop multi-database applications. The course explores advanced formula techniques including looping, and user interaction with the application. The course explains different methods for accessing data sources outside the current Domino database including other Domino databases and relational databases. Other topics include adding workflow functionality to route documents and notify users that a document requires their attention, and security issues such as encrypting data. This course also examines navigation elements such as links, outlines, and framesets that bind the components of the application together and allow users to locate information quickly and easily.
- Use formula language to inspect and manipulate text values and lists, and use iterative statement functions.
- Implement functions that interact with users through different types of dialog boxes using the @Prompt and @DialogBox functions.
- Implement advanced view design features to enhance how Lotus Notes displays documents.
- Examine and use several IBM Lotus Domino design elements as navigation structures, including links and imagemaps.
- Create and embed an outline
- Work with framesets and frames.
- Access data in Lotus Domino databases by using formula language and profile documents.
- Use the formula language to access data sources using the Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Examine Domino Enterprise Connection Services (DECS) and implement real-time data mapping between an IBM Lotus Domino application and a relational database.
- Implement workflow in Lotus Domino applications
- Secure Lotus Domino application data by controlling access and encrypting data.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses