- Duration: 3 Days
DB2 11 for z/OS beginning DBAs can develop fundamental skills or recognition through lectures and hands-on exercises of: DB2 Objects Structured Query Language DB2 Commands DB2 Utilities DB2 Logging DB2 Program Preparation The course materials cover DB2 11 for z/OS.
This course is for beginning DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a DB2 database in a z/OS environment.
- Give an overview of the DB2 9 environment
- Describe and utilize DB2 Objects
- Describe and utilize several DB2 Utilities
- Describe the DB2I (DB2 Interactive Facility) environment
- Use SPUFI (SQL Processing Using File Input) to compose and execute SQL
- Setup and execute DB2 Commands
- Understand DB2 Logging
- Describe DB2 program preparation process
- Understand DB2 startup and shutdown
- Understand and utilize DB2 recovery strategies
You should have a working knowledge of z/OS, TSO, ISPF, and SDSF sequential, partitioned, and VSAM data sets and basic JCL
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses