- Locations: Masaken Sheraton
- Duration: 1 Day
The Information Governance Catalog (IGC) is a new product within the Information Server suite of products. It replaces two products in earlier versions of Information Server: Business Glossary and Metadata Workbench. The new Information Governance Catalog contains and enhances all the functionality that these earlier products contained and adds additional functionality as well as an enhanced user interface.
IGC I focuses on the functionality previously contained in Metadata Workbench. IGC II focuses on the functionality previously contained in Business Glossary. In IGC II you will learn how IGC is used to govern your information assets through the development of a governance catalog of categories and terms that document your information assets and governance policies and rules that implement the high-level strategy and objectives of your governance program.
- This is a basic course for those who will be using IGC to develop and implement their information governance strategy.
- Describe information governance
- Learn about the Information Glossary Catalog workflow
- Describe how the Information Governance Catalog supports information governance
- Learn how to administer the Information Glossary Catalog
- Build a business glossary of categories and terms
- Learn how to use IBM Glossary Anywhere
- Add policies and rules the business glossary
- Learn how to use the Information Governance Dashboard
You should have basic knowledge of the Windows operating system. Familiarity with Information Server products is desirable but not required.
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses